How frequently have I, with great difficulty, persuaded patients who were never off my doorstep to take up golf and how rarely, if ever, have I seen them in my consulting rooms again!” Dr. Alister MacKenzie
Sitting comfortably on a leather sofa in the MacKenzie lounge, relaxing with a glass of something, guests can enjoy unrivalled views of the whole course and the backdrop of the South Downs whilst reflecting on rounds of golf whether good, bad or indifferent.
Those who prefer the al fresco touch may choose to relax on the upstairs terrace bar, the perfect place to sit and watch the world go by.
As well as the stunning upstairs bars, the downstairs Marquess restaurant offers a smart and tastefully decorated venue for all manner of functions such as weddings, parties, meetings and conferences.
What we do
Visitors are welcome to come and play Willingdon Golf Course on any day of the week, subject to availability.
Tuition is available to all, you do not need to be a member of a golf club or have any previous experience of the game!
Measuring 6,158 yards from the competition tees golfers of all abilities face a stiff but fair challenge at Willingdon.
The perfect venue for you
- Designed by Augusta National course architect Dr. Alister Mackenzie
- Clubhouse overlooks whole course
- Visitors and members welcome
- 5 minutes by car from Eastbourne
- Course lies in a giant bowl protected from the elements
- Spectacular views of the Channel and East Sussex
- Great Drainage in winter
Christmas at Willingdon
- Christmas Lunch Functions suitable for Clubs, Companies, Friends and Families
- Evening Menus perfect for small companies and groups of friends wanting to get together just before Christmas. If you would like to organise some entertainment you are very welcome to do so
- Private Parties for larger companies or groups may wish to hire the venue privately on their chosen date